October 8, 2010

The Chop Shop

There are so many creepy things you can make with red paint!
Now's a good time to bring out those Christmas lights you have stashed away and put them to good use.

Materials:
A String of Lights
Wax Paper
Red Paint
Plastic Cups
Craft Knife

First off, with your craft knife cut a "plus" sign in the bottom of the cup.
Secondly and most importantly.....prepare your work area for the bloody massacre....I learned this the hard way.
If working inside, line wax paper in your sink and spread the plastic cups out. Splatter the red paint everywhere.
Note: I only suggest doing this inside if it's raining out....trust me!!!




Now, let those babies dry......


.......and pray that no one decides to pop in for a little visit when you're in the shower....for fear that they will suspect that your body parts have been crammed into the garbage disposal and chopped up into tiny pieces.


After they've had time to dry...simply pop the lights into the "plus" sign you made earlier.




Finally, decorate with your bloody decor!





6 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

how fun and creative!

Katie said...

super creative! I might need to make these for my back patio for my party!

Marisa said...

Love the bloody ideas!
We are having a Dexter Party and this idea will work great with the theme.

Keep up the great work on the blog!

Adena (aka cre82learn) said...

LOL, now I see why you had to find less scary decor so your nephew would come over. still, very creative!!

Lina Thomlinson said...

Haha! I love this too! Your comment about hoping no one drops by and sees the bloody mess made me laugh. You've got yourself a new follower. All of your Halloween projects look great!

Katie said...

I featured this today on Sew Woodsy! Please make sure you email me your name and address!

http://sewwoodsy.blogspot.com/2010/10/friday-features-giveaway-winner_29.html